Rope IX

I am happy to have met some of you at this years Association of Challenge Course Technology. I had a good time learning and seeing what others in the industry are doing.

I am proud to have accomplished some good networking with my idea for reusing gear. I was even able to gain some new ones. I have been excited about this post from the start of this project. Without further ado....






By using two retired helmets and some expired rope you can add a lot to old activities and create whole new ones. Take two helmets place them crown to crown. Center them as well as you can while wrapping a bit of rope around where the two meet. The rope is added to the helmets to grain a greater surface area for glueing. After measuring the rope cut it and glue it in a ring in the center of the top.

A bit about glue. I really like CA (cyanoacrylate) glue. This is basically super glue. I nearly always use it with an acceleration spray. This really helps when there is only one set of hands. Set the first helmet aside and cut out the suspension and straps in the other one. Next glue the strapless helmet to the now glued in place rope ring on the other helmet.





The throwing items can be just about anything. I use old rope in various knots. I also like to spiraling rope on itself (like you might start a rope rug) to make throwing discs. This is a game waiting to happen. Set on the ground or wearing them on your head.




ALWAYS FOLLOW MANUFACTURE RECOMMENDATIONS AND GUIDELINES.

Then change the purpose of that thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rope III

Never too Late

Rope II